Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Life Lessons Learned at the Blogger Conference

I just attended an amazing blogging conference in Sandy, UT over the weekend. (I believe it was created by the women at MormonMommyBlogs.)I'm brand new to the blogging thing, but I'm so glad that I went. Not only did I get to meet some great, amazing, funny people but I learned a lot too. Here's my top 10:



10. Blogging is a lot more work than it seems. Not only do you have to figure out what you want to write about (your niche), you have to find your own, unique voice, then you have to find followers... facebook, twitter, SEO (keywords) and networking. wheeew!!!

9. Blogging is about connecting. When we blog, we take a piece of ourselves and put it on display to share with the world. This can be scary, but you never know who might benefit from your experience.

8. Women build relationships by chatting, men build relationships with action. Hey, you never know what you'll learn at a blogging conference! But, that statement does explain a LOT... think about it.

7. I CAN get organized. That's gonna take some serious time and patience on my part, but I CAN DO IT. Marie Ricks was there and she gave me some one-on-one guidance, that really impacted me on a very personal and spiritual level. That was worth the conference fee, in itself. And I bought her system... even though I said I never would. I'm telling you... you just never know what to expect from a blogging conference.

6. Zupas has yummy food. I will be bringing my husband back.

5. Maybe high fructose corn syrup isn't so bad?? The jury's still out on that one, but at least I know that there are differing opinions on everything. And NO ONE tried to tell me that sunscreen is bad.

4. Companies really like to give away tons of stuff. And I mean, tons. It's all publicity, I guess.

3. Apparently, I'm not very lucky, because even though I had tons of tickets, I didn't win anything. Darn it!

2. Photography is pretty tech-y, but I think I'll give it a try anyway.

1. I have a LOT to learn... and it's going to take me some time to figure it all out. In the mean time, I hope you'll all bear with me. I may have to make some changes a long the way (pivot), but it's all a journey, right?

Comment below and let me know what type of beauty posts you'd like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment