Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Losing it

I'm starting a new diet today... okay, I've been sort of doing it for a few days. I've got about 35 pounds to lose and I just need to do it. Not just because of the way I look, but because of how I feel. I've just been tired and ho-hum.... okay, it's because I want to fit in some decent clothes, but hopefully I'll feel better in the process.

So, here's what I look like now (no, I'm not pregnant):

(Let me just tell you that it take a lot of guts for me to post a pic like this in all of my glory... so hopefully it will be worth it.)

Here's what I look like in my head:

Just kidding.

This is how I really imagine myself (on the right) and, as you can see, the pictures don't quite match. I'm a little stuck in the past. The picture was taken when my 9-year-old was a baby and I had lost a lot of weight. I was doing the Herbalife program at the time and it really worked. I lost 35 pounds in 2 1/2 months.

I'm going to try that again. I liked it because it was easy. I didn't have to cook any special food, count calories or points, or weigh my food. I just don't have the time or motivation for that right now. So, I'm going for easy. Check back next week to see how it's going.

Starting weight: 150.6 pounds (Did I mention I'm only 5'3"... even though in my mind, I'm about 5'10" with legs a mile long.......I can dream, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment